Wednesday, August 25, 2010

More comments on my previous post

from this article in Time


Where does this end.... say for the sake of argument that we no longer have an immediate threat by any extremists. These precedents will now be ingrained in the legal system and impossible to get rid of. This is THE main reason why I fail to understand progressive law making. It is another example of reactionary response vs proactive thinking. But the public will never back proactive methods. 


I know there isn't a question in here just me venting my frustration. The one judge that abstained I think did a good enough job:


"1984 may have come a bit later than predicted, but it's here at last," he lamented in his dissent. And invoking Orwell's totalitarian dystopia where privacy is essentially nonexistent, he warned: "Some day, soon, we may wake up and find we're living in Oceania."

No comments: