Friday, August 21, 2009

A Classic E-mail from a Friend

So my wife and I are getting our bathroom floor re-tiled this week, so
we've both been home to make sure the guys do it properly. We got stir
crazy yesterday and ended up playing Monopoly, which I hadn't played
in forever. In flipping through the rule book to remind myself how
shit worked, I came across this incredible gem:

"The Bank 'never goes broke.' If the Bank runs out of money, the
Banker may issue as much as needed by writing on any ordinary paper."

Yeah, that sounds about right. I'm hereby blaming Parker Brothers and
Rich Uncle Pennybags for the financial meltdown of 2008, for having
created the overriding (unsustainable) banking mentality for a
generation of financiers and government lenders. In fact, I'm suing
them. For gross negligence and depraved indifference.

No comments: