Sunday, August 2, 2009

SPENDSPENDSPENDSPEND oh yea...

BTW America you know how I promised that I would never raise taxes for 95% of all Americans? Well I lied. I went crazy with all my bailout and handouts and now that I am starting to sober up, I realize I need to pay for this somehow. Apparently foreigners aren't going to continue to buy unlimited amounts of US treasuries, so you know how I promised you I wouldn't tax you.... yea.... sorry about that....

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama's treasury secretary said Sunday he cannot rule out higher taxes to help tame an exploding budget deficit, and his chief economic adviser would not dismiss raising them on middle-class Americans as part of a health care overhaul.
.....
"There is a lot that can happen over time," Summers said, adding that the administration believes "it is never a good idea to absolutely rule things out, no matter what."

And on George Stephanolpolous:

To get the economy back on track, will President Barack Obama have to break his pledge not to raise taxes on 95 percent of Americans? In a “This Week” exclusive, Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner told me, "We’re going to have to do what’s necessary.”

Geithner was clear that he believes a key component of economic recovery is deficit reduction. When I gave him several opportunities to rule out a middle class tax hike, he wouldn’t do it.



We really need to stand up and write to our congressmen/women and let them know that this frivolous spending must stop.

No comments: